Trip to God's Own Country
Experience Incredible journey to India!!
Visit India and follow the famous Southern India Tour. Experience beaches & houseboat stay. Travel through a land full of contrasts on this compact India tour, jam-packed with unforgettable highlights.
Detailed Tour Plan
Day 01 : Cochin - Munnar
Today after breakfast meet you guide and driver and start Cochin city sightseeing by visiting St. Francis Church, Chinese Fishing nets, Jewish Synagogue, Dutch Palace.
After sightseeing you will be driven to Munnar. Munnar is 1800 mts above sea level and also the place of South India's highest peak (Anamudi- 2695mts). Check in at the hotel. Visit tea estates. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 02 : Munnar
After breakfast full day visit of Munnar. Visit of National Park, the best place to see Nilgiri Tahr ( Hermitragus Hylcrious) -the mountain goat of South India. Visit Mattupatty dam. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 03 : Munnar - Periyar
After breakfast transfer to Periyar ( 120 kms- 4 hrs). Visit Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, one of the largest wildlife reserves in India, it occupies 777 sqkms of the Cardamom Hills region of the Western Ghatts. Afternoon sightseeing. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 04 : Periyar
Morning game viewing by the boat in the sanctuary, surrounded by the hills. Wildlife includes elephants, gaur, wild dogs, otters, freshwater tortoise and bird species like heroin, kingfisher, hornbill, water and fishbowls can be seen here. Afternoon visit of spice plantations. Overnight at the hotel the hotel.
Day 05 : Periyar - Kumarakom
After breakfast transfer from Periyar to Kumarakom (121 kms 4. 5 hrs). Transfer to the Hotel. Kumarakom near Kottayam (16 kms) is well known for its backwaters and Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. This sanctuary is rich with a number of noteworthy species include the Dater or Snake Bird, Little Cormorant, Night Heroin, Golden- backed woodpecker, Crow Pheasant, White Breasted Water Hen and Tree Pie etc. The season for migratory birds are from November to March. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 06 : Kumarakom - Houseboat
Breakfast at the hotel. Board the houseboat from Kumarakom jetty. Staying in this moving palace is breathtakingly stimulating experience. While sailing down a maze of canals one sees different scenes from the villages, paddy fields, coconut palms, fisherman and local life. Lunch, dinner next day breakfast and tea snacks will be provided in the boat. The cool breeze from the Lake make you sleep early in the night after anchoring in a fancy place.Dinner and Overnight in the houseboat.
Day 07 : Houseboat - Alleppey - Cochin
After breakfast in the houseboat disebark at Alleppey. Alleppey is also known as Venice of the East because of the narrow canals and backwaters. Transfer to Cochin (70 kms /2 Hrs), where you’ll be dropped at the airport to board a flight for your onward journey
Package Cost Includes:-
-Accommodation using 03 star hotels
- A/C Car for Arrival and departure transfers and local sightseeing exactly as per your requirement
- Toll & Park for the vehicle
- Daily Breakfast
- Dlx House boat with all meals ( Ac will be provided only in the rooms from 20.30 hrs -06.00 Hrs )
- All meals will be served in the House boat
- Room up gradation is subject to availability
Package cost Excludes:-
- All entrances, boating ,Guide charges, porterage,tips all other activities not mentioned in the Price includes section
- All other meals not mentioned above.
- All other personal expenses, travel /life insurance
- Early check In & Late Checkout charges
- Night drive/ shopping after 1900 Hrs will be charged extra
- In the event of situations like as road blockage due to strike/agitation, natural calamities, sickness/illness, evacuation, delay/cancellation of train/flight etc. Also, due to monsoon rains and extreme weather patterns journey time can vary enormously at all times of year, which is beyond our control